As ones said, you are what you eat. If talking city wise, this saying is also true. People in Kyiv and their cuisine – is a unique gastronomic universe. It has passed the test of centuries and we invite you to plunge into it with us.
Together we will learn:
- What ate the Kyivan princes, and why they would not have recognized anything from the modern Ukrainian cuisine;
- Why pig fat has become a national dish of the Ukrainians;
- Why does offering a pumpkin to a man is insulting in Ukraine;
- Where in Kyiv is the largest collection of candy covers;
- Bringing which treat to Kyiv 100 ago would make a fool out of you;
- How opening of the first beer factory led the heart attack;
- What Kiev recipe Khrushchev tried to steal?
Prepare your taste receptors, because we would try :
- Monastery kitchen, which was admired by the Kievan princes;
- Favorite desserts of Russian emperors;
- The oldest drink of Kiev;
- and more 😉
Don’t be afraid to get tired – during the tour we will go to rest and taste Kiev cuisine in some of the most outstanding restaurants of Podil!
But be careful – during this tour you need to listen carefully because in the end we will have a quiz with awarding the most attentive listeners .
We are waiting for you with us on a gastronomic tour Delicious Kyiv!