If you like getting around a city on your own without mediators discovering something new and seeing on the spot what has long been known from various sources of information;
if you want to have more information on the history of the newly discovered spots on the globe;
if you enjoy strolling along the age-old streets instead of observing them through the window of a car or coach — then this book is for you!
The book will tell you about Kyiv (Kiev) the city that needs no publicity; about its must visit venues which are real gems. It is no mere chance that Mikhail Bulgakov writer of genius called Kyiv simply and majestically — The City.
Let’s stop for a while and try to feel its breath to feel its soul. And it’s everywhere — in the old lanes and modern avenues in the silence of parks and polyphony of squares in the shining domes of the Lavra and nativeness of St. Sophia in the smiles of Kyiv’s beauties and quiet melancholy of a sunset over the River Dnipro (Dnieper).
- Starokiyivska Hill
- Saint Sophia Cathedral
- St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Cathedral
- St. Andrew’s Church
- Andriyivsky Uzviz Street
- Golden Gate
- National Opera-House of Ukraine
- Taras Shevchenko National University
- St. Volodymyr’s Cathedral
- Khreshchatyk. Maidan Nezalezhnosti Square
- Khreshchaty Park
- St. Alexander’s Kostel
- St. Nicholas’ Kostel
- Volodymyrska Hill. Funicular Railway
- Convent of the Virgin Protectress
- Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra
- Central Botanical Gardens
- Vydubychi Monastery
- Askold’s Tomb Park
- National Museum of Great Patriotic War of 1941 -45
- Lypky Area
- Mariyinsky Palace. Building of Verkhovna Rada
- National University "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy"
- Church of the Dormition of the Virgin "Pirogoshcha"
- Church of St. Nicholas "Dobry
- Sts. Florus and Laurus Convent of the Ascension
- St. Cyril’s Church
- Poshtova Square. River-Boat Station
- Museum of Folk Architecture and Lifestyle of Ukraine
- Bridges of Kyiv